Forums

WP iOS crashing, photo uploads fail with 500 internal server error

1. So long story short, or long...

I have three sites to test with, two self hosted and one hosted at Wordpress.com, and here are the issues:

On my two self-hosted sites, when I try to upload photos (small enough photos, under 100 kb) using WP iOS 4.6.0.2, the app crashes right after I click Done, before I even click update on the app. Occasionally, rarely, (once, really) when I reinstalled the WP app, I got a 500 internal server error, but no more. When I use another WP uploading app like Poster or PressSync, I consistently get the 500 internal server error, but no crash.

On the Wordpress.com site, the photo uploads and posts go flawlessly.

Other interesting things to note:

When I use WP iOS on both of the self hosted sites, it crashes, but on one when I use another app, Poster, for example, the upload works fine. This site is running WP 3.9, whereas the other one, where I get either a crash from WP or a 500 internal server error when using another app, is running WP 4.0.1.

I have read a bunch of the forums on issues like this, and here is what I've tried:

It was advised the the page showing Media settings should have values in them. They do. I tried making the values more or less and nothing seemed to help. My maximum upload size is set to 4 MB. My maximum upload size on the iOS app is 1050 pixels.
    I tried activating the JSON jetpack plugin, to no avail.

I am wondering if there may be some .php file that may need to be altered, based on other comments in the forums, but, although my sites are "self-hosted" I do not have access to these files. I would need to tell my administrators what to try to fix it.

I know that the WP app works, as it works on the Wordpress.com site perfectly, but works on neither of the other two.
    Any guidance or further troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic