Forums

Photo upload size 374x280px

1. When uploading several photos from the Wordpress mobile app (v6.7 on iOS 10.2) to my self hosted blog, only the first or some of the images will respect my "Media Max Image Upload Size" settings of 1200x1200px but additional photos are uploaded in the very tiny size of 374x280px. I can't figure out why the selected batch of photos won't upload all in the same 1200x1200px size. Please Help! Thanks.

2. Hi,

it is for me the same. I wanted to resize my images to 2000x2000 and the first image gets resized correctly, all other are 374x280.

Any idea, how to fix it?

Thanks, Sebastian

3. Hi lopemon, BastianG

Sorry about the image size trouble.

It would be helpful to know if the uploaded images show up in the wp-admin Media library as full size, and are just sized too small. This will tell us where in the app we should be looking for a bug. You can find the uploaded size listed on the attachment details screen.
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Media_Library_Screen#Attachment_Details

Let us know!

4. hi Eric

The uploaded images show up in the wp-admin Media library with the same small dimensions of 374x280px. see screenshot. Uploading several images with the Wordpress app seems to me pretty quick. It looks like it is uploading only the first (and sometimes the second image) in the desired image size, all the following other images are scaled down to the mentioned mini size of 374x280px explaining the fast process of uploading. Only uploading one by one fixes the image size problem. Hope that helps to find the bug?

screenshot

5. Hi lopemon

Thanks for the extra details. We're going to track this issue here:
    https://github.com/wordpress-mobile/WordPress-iOS/issues/5332

We're not quite sure what the cause is yet, but we'll try to get it sorted.

Best
    Eric

6. hi Eric

Thanks! Another input: Either Wifi or 4G/3G uploads – same happens. On my wife’s iPhone 5 SE the same bug happens to her. A friends iPhone 6 isn’t affected by this bug. (all on the same iOS like me). Could it be related with the iPhone model? Provider?

Best, Lopemon

7. Either Wifi or 4G/3G uploads – same happens. On my wife’s iPhone 5 SE the same bug happens to her. A friends iPhone 6 isn’t affected by this bug. (all on the same iOS like me). Could it be related with the iPhone model?

Interesting. Thanks for sharing these extra details. The phone model is an interesting thought. On that topic, are you also using an iPhone SE or some other device?

8. I posted about this quite a while ago and it is still an issue with the latest releases. link

9. hi Mikedunn & Eric
    The discussed problem seems to be fixed for me since the update 7.0.1 from 3rd March 2017. At least for today a post featuring 6 photos picked at once were uploaded in full glory pixel size. Can you please verify Mikedunn?

Leave a Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Topic

Tags