Forums

Forum returns 404 when attempting to past a message

1. ... and the original message is lost. Highly annoying. This is a test-post to see whether this was a one-off error, or whether I'm wasting my time.

If this does go through and posted can be edited, I'll re-write my original bug report into this message.

2. And that should, of course, have been "post" ;)

I can't see a way to edit or remove messages, though, so could someone please delete this topic?

3. Argh - it's just done it again!

There must be some character the Forum back-end doesn't like in my post!

4. This happens on both Firefox and Safari on OS X 10.6.3 - and it doesn't seem to be related to the content of the message...

5. It does successfully bring back a styled error page if trying to repost too quickly, though :(

6. The page producing the error is something in the form of http://iphone.forums.wordpress.org/topic/?replies=0#post-2668

7. WTF - I just posted the title and body into a comment here, and whilst I didn't get an error the post has disappeared!

8. Okay, this is broken - new replies are now not appearing at all.

9. Ah - that post caused itself and the previous message to appear... but not the one including the body of the problematic post!

10. Let's try when split into parts.

Title:
    User should be able to override SSL certificate warnings

11. Body excluding paragraph 1:

The iPhone Mail application also prompts to say there's a potential bad cert, but allows the user to choose "Continue" and then doesn't ask again - it just silently accepts the certificate and continues.

The WordPress app should be more lenient when dealing with certificate errors - certainly warn the user, but do give them the option to continue.

Right now, the WordPress app will not connect to my blog and so cannot be used, which is a shame :(

12. Body edited paragraph 1:

My blog is secured with cacert free SSL certificates. These are perfectly valid, but aren't signed by a recognised CA's root certificate.

13. It doesn't like "cacert-dot-org"??!?

14. Great - so for some reason including the text "cacert dot org" with a period instead of the word dot prevents comments from appearing and causes posts to return a 404 error page.

Forum admins, please take a look at this!

15. (Good god, that's taken almost 30 minutes to post one bug report <sigh>)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic