Forums

403 Forbidden

1. Aloha all,
    I can not configure my 3g iPhone for Mobloggin. I am currently using the the newest WPinstall and Wp2 for iPhone. When I try to setup the iPhone I get a 403 Forbidden message.

2. Odd, I checked for the obvious things on http://www.michaelisdes.com/blog/ and everything looks okay, I even got back a valid response when sending a test XML-RPC request.

3. Thanks! it's strange, I just got the dreaded (NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 5.) Ugggh..
    I am on the go alot and I was hoping that this could really enhancing my blog.

4. This implies one of the xmlrpc calls the app makes is resulting in an unfinished XML doc... if I recall the meaning of the error message. (Please see sticky post at the top of this forum for more on NSXMLParserErrorDomain errors)

Sometimes custom code (plugins, themes) can cause this. Troubleshooting can be tricky, but it involves finding where the malformed XML is coming from...

5. I get the 403 forbidden as well when I try to add my blog http://blogg.trollett.nu . I've tried to change theme to the standard theme, but it doesn't help.

A little help would be greatly appreciated!

6. 403 usually means the server is preventing access.

If it's a Unix box, you'll want to look at your security file(s)... If you're running Apache, I'd start with mod_security.

If you search this forum for mod_security, I think you'll find some specific examples of the changes people had to make... One common thing is that xmlrpc communication is blocked.

7. 403 usually means the server is preventing access.

If it's a Unix box, you'll want to look at your security file(s)... If you're running Apache, I'd start with mod_security.

If you search this forum for mod_security, I think you'll find some specific examples of the changes people had to make... One common thing is that xmlrpc communication is blocked.

I've copied this from another thread... it may be helpful...

===================

This is what the help desk had to say:

"There is a mod_security rule on our servers which denies requests to the xmlrpc.php module. This restriction is in place as an additional security measure. The reason for this is that the xmlrpc.php is a common target for hackers who scan for outdated and flawed versions of the XMLRPC module.

To disable this specific XMLRPC-related rule, add the following lines in your .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterRemove 114
    </IfModule>

8. If you're hosted by a provider, you might ask their support staff if they block xmlrpc by default and if they say yes, ask them how to change that setting...

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic